Magix never resends returned rebate check
Summary:rebate checks never received, they claimed it had been sent but returned (in fact: incomplete address, typo), ask to verify the address--but no checks nor follow up ever since, I had tried to contact all their numbers, email, fax, through mail and fax. No response at all.
This is a German company. I think if they want to promote their products and want to compete in the U.S., they need to prove their reputation. Everyone should think twice before buying from a company that consumers cannot contact at all (including customer service and sales dept.) In my case, a company that didn’t want to fulfill their responsibility and didn’t keep their promise. I never had problem with rebate fulfillment from other U.S. big companies, especially that involved $10 or more.
The long story:This company offered rebates for 2 of their products in December 2007.Movie Edit Pro 12 code #12-26-07 MEP for $20 (regular rebate)code #12-26-07 MEPU for $20 (upgrade rebate)Xtreme Photostory on CD & DVD 6code #12-26-07 PS6 for $15 (regular rebate)code #12-26-07 PS6U for $10 (upgrade rebate)
My first email: May 2, 2008 (followed by May 10 & May 16)A reply from Magix : May 20 (Please verify the address as one check has been returned to us.)More emails to them: 23 May 2008, 3 July, 28 JulyMail (resubmit paperwork): May 19, June 30Postcard: Aug 22Fax: mid Sept
All the rebate requirements were mailed back in mid-January 2008. I received two checks in April, both for the regular rebates. Since I didn’t receive more checks, I sent my first email in May asking my upgrade rebates’ status. I received a reply to “verify the address as one check has been returned to them,” but without any follow-up nor any checks in the mail. This is not the first time requesting a rebate from this company, the returned check was because of a typo (incomplete address, missing one word).
Since July I had tried to call all their numbers, but the lines were always busy and I got disconnected right away---no chance to talk to someone or leave a message. The only time it went to their answering machine was in April, asking me to email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I had resubmitted everything in paper to their address in Florida twice, and I sent a postcard and fax with a hope that somebody would read and respond immediately. Still no response. I don't know what else I can do to contact them.
Often times people buy items with rebate in order to try the products, but now I will not buy anything else from them and will stick with big American companies that have reliable products and their customer service exist.
Contact for rebate:Phone: 1-888-866-2449 (x107)Email: email@example.com
Company contact #:Phone: 1-305-642-6300Fax: 1-305-642-6400Email: firstname.lastname@example.org To place an order: 1-888-326-2449 For technical support call: 1-305-722 5821 (10 am to 5 pm est)
You'll hear either of these:- all lines are busy, please call again later (then disconnected)- please call during office hours
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Rebate Check
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "it looks like they have changed their product name from taximobility to http://www.tagmytaxi.com/ Tagmytaxi is the same scam as http://www.taximobility.com/ they have scammed me out of $6000 and they will do the..."
- "Stopzilla came onto my computer without my knowing or permission and have sinse been advertising FREE of charge then try have blocked me looking at my own work on websites..."
- "Microsoft Corporation are fools for cancelling Windows XP. Windows XP was the best version of Windows ever made . It makes my sad that an Operating System that ran for..."
- "I went to Carls for breakfast burrito meal, nobody was in line in the drive thru so I order my meal. The person named Martin who is also the manager..."
- "Did you change the recipe? Previously, when i would eat a Swiss cake roll, i could eat the outer shell of the chocolate before getting to the cake. But now,..."
- "Saya beli sony xperia m5dual e5663 pada januari 2016,masuk mggu ke3 pakai tiba2 mslh no coverage n hanya emergency call saja..hntr ke sony service centre utk baiki sbb still baru..."
- "I have become the victim of rascism by Kayla Dormer who is emploed at Aerotek recruting which is a recruiting firm. I met Kayla for the recruitment process and ..."
- "I bought a bag for my daughter to take for her Karate uniform. She used the bag a time and a half, as after 3 times zipping up the zipper,..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."