I tried to launch my Sony Vegas Studio video editing software and it failed.I sent an error report and they redirected me to a page that said a free update was available, then I was redirected to a page where they said they sold this particular line of software to some company called MAGIX.

MAGIX offered an upgrade for $45 or use of their free trial edition. Since my business required some immediate work, I tried to pay with my Visa card, but the page at MAGIX kept returning error messages that the information on my card was incorrect. I used another VISA card and got the same problem. My phone rang.

It was my bank's automated fraud support line reporting that my card was used for suspicious purposes and asked if the purchase was legitimate. I pressed 1 to acknowledge that the purchase was okay. I returned to the MAGIX purchase web page and tried to continue, but I never received any activation code or any acknowledgement of payment received, but apparently, according to the bank, the $45 was charged to my account. I downloaded and installed the free trial edition and it's nothing at all like the older version of the software I used.

Many of the major tools I use are gone.The new update is barely a shadow of its former self.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of being tricked from a free upgrade into a misrepresented purchase. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "all of the above" of magix graphics software and associated monetary loss in the amount of $45. Magix needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned magix graphics software in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Magix.

Comments